Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Scientists develop a drug against Monday blues syndrome



Did you ever dreaded the next day on Sunday evenings? Have you ever had problems getting up on Monday morning and felt depressed or even hopeless? Did you ever sense that work is unpleasant but unavoidable? Did you ever had hallucinations about shouting "I quit" to your manager on Monday?

The Anglo drugmaker Smith&Watson has developed hyacintholoft, an anti-Monday blues drug which is awaiting regulatory approval.

David Watson, chief scientist, has discovered an active pharmaceutical ingredient which blocks Monday blues receptors in the brain and make you feel more indispensable at your job.

Monday morning blues syndrome is a type of depression in humans brought on by lack of challenging projects at the workplace, uninteresting and meaningless tasks or unbearable co-workers.

A person who suffers under this syndrome usually exhibits a very low mood especially on Sunday evenings or Monday mornings. People with Monday morning blues syndrome may be preoccupied with thoughts and feelings of worthlessness. 

In severe cases people may have auditory hallucinations telling them to quit their jobs and just blankly stare into the PC screen at the workplace from 9 to 5 o'clock 5 days a week. The boreout syndrome might occur in conjunction with the Monday morning blues syndrome.

Office clerks are the most susceptible occupational group suffering under Monday blues syndrome.

"Every Monday morning I didn't know why I was even here. After working as a file clerk for 5 years I could't see any meaning in my existence. I felt like a squeezed washcloth. I had dreams about joining the Fightclub, " says Ralf Davis. "But after taking the new drug I can't await Mondays. Everyday I skip to my work and while working I always hum."

Hyancintholoft might be the new hope for a lot of office clerks. It will be available next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment